In planning the work, we have to take account of the financial resources available to us and it may not always be possible to adhere to our timetable.
External redecoration is carried out over a six year cycle. In exposed areas, partial decoration will be carried out every third year. Prior to redecoration, all necessary repairs to the exterior are carried out. This includes repairs to, or renewal of, doors, windows, gutters and downpipes.
Other lifecycle maintenance includes replacement kitchens, harling / render repairs, full electrical testing and replacement of smoke detectors to name a few.
Our Committee agrees a programme of planned maintenance every year and we then publish details in our regular newsletter, which all our tenants receive. After that:
- Before work starts, we write to tenants who will be affected by the work and let them know the name of the contractor who will carry out the work.
- If the work is cancelled or postponed for any reason, we write to tenants to let them know.
- Where a choice of fittings (such as kitchen doors or worktops) is available, we’ll invite the tenant to decide which style they prefer.
- The contractor will contact the tenant directly to arrange access to carry out the work.
- We shall ask tenants for feedback on any internal maintenance work and major external work such as harling.
The major lifecycle works planned for year 2013 -14 are listed below:
- Replacement Kitchens to Stackhoull.
- SUDS (sustainable urban drainage systems) maintenance to various schemes.
- Cleaning of guttering and pressure washing of paths to various schemes.
- Timber cladding repairs to Norgaet and Central Park.
- Full electrical test and smoke detector replacement to various schemes.
- Boiler and ventilation maintenance to various schemes.
- Storage heater and hot water cylinder replacements to various schemes as part of our Nines Project.
- Full external paint to Norgaet, Central Park, Sanblister Place, Thistle Crt, Hillock, Guddataing, Atlaness and Gibblestone Crt.
- Partial Paint to exposed areas on various schemes.
If you would like to find out more about the lifecycle maintenance programme please contact the Association.
Find details of our allocation policy, and learn how to apply.How to apply for housing
Find helpful advice on how to pay for rent and how to set up a direct debit.How to Make a payment
There are currently no properties in this section.