Office Closed Easter Monday
Due to the Easter Monday public holiday, the Hjaltland Offices will be closed on Monday 22nd April 2019, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have an emergency repair in this time, please phone the out of hours emergency number on 01595 692387. All the staff at Hjaltland Housing would like to wish all of our customers a very happy Easter.
An emergency arises where there is danger to life or limb or serious damage to property. We aim to undertake emergency repairs within 6 hours. The following are emergencies:
- A failure in the mains electrical supply, other than a power cut
- A dangerous electrical fault
- A burst water pipe or water tank
- A blocked drain, if there is serious leakage
- A blocked or totally unusable WC, if there is only one in the house
- A property that is insecure, with a broken window or a damaged door, following an event such as a break-in or possibly storm damage
An emergency also arises if someone is locked in or locked out if the person:
- Is elderly or disabled
- Has other special needs
- Is a young child
For all other tenants, being locked out due to a loss of keys is not an emergency and the replacement of keys, will need to wait until our office is open.