Grants are available for disabled adaptations.
Advice and Information for Home Owners
How the One Stop Shop can help
At our One Stop Shop, we can help all homeowners with a range of general advice and information on home repairs and improvements. Our assistance can include:
- an inspection of the property to identify repairs which require immediate attention and repairs which should be considered in the short to medium term to maintain the building;
- a Home Maintenance plan;
- advice on grants and loans including mandatory grants for adaptations, loans for repairs, fuel poverty grants and sources of funding from other agencies;
- assistance in preparing Planning and Building Warrant Applications (we may charge for this if the householder is not in a priority group for assistance);
- advice leaflets on maintenance and improvements;
- assistance in preparing the application for a grant or loan where the householder is eligible to receive assistance of those kinds.
You may wish to telephone our team on (01595) 741368 or call along the One Stop Shop office to discuss how we can help. Either member of the team will be pleased to help. They are:
- Avril Smith – Property Services Officer
- Alison Coles – Property Services Assistant
If you’d find it easier to write to us, please contact:
One Stop Shop
Hjaltland Trading Ltd
2 Harbour Street
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact us, please provide the following details:
- Address of property (if different);
- Daytime contact telephone number;
- Date of birth;
- Details of your request for assistance;
- Information about any type of benefit you receive (if applicable);
We’ll write to you to confirm that we’ve placed your enquiry on our inspection list. We’ll phone you before the inspection takes place.
Please note that, at busy times, we shall give priority to:
- clients who will be eligible for a grant for disabled adaptations;
- clients on means tested benefits or who are in fuel poverty;
- Clients who are over 70 years of age.