If an emergency occurs during office hours, you should phone us as soon as possible on 01595 694986. Out of office hours, you should call the emergency repairs response centre on 01595 692387, if the repair is an emergency according to the Association's Maintenance Policy they will arrange for a contractor to attend.

We are legally obliged to maintain your home in a fit and safe condition and we think it is good practice to minimise the effects of age, use and weathering. Equally, we expect you to undertake basic maintenance, as explained in your tenancy agreement, and it’s important that you alert us to the need for repairs, especially if there is any risk to life or limb or the property is likely to suffer further damage.

We employ our own maintenance staff but we also engage private contractors to carry out some work.

Under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001, we must carry out small, urgent repairs within a given timescale under the ‘Right to Repair’ scheme.

The subject of repairs is dealt with fully in Hjaltland Housing Association’s Maintenance Policy.

In this Section

Emergency Utility Contacts

If you have an emergency, please contact one of our listed emergency contractors directly.

Request a Repair

Find out if a needed repair is covered by the Right to Repair scheme or classed as an emergency.

Right to a Repair

The right to repair scheme applies to all tenants of local authorities, housing associations and water and sewerage authorities.

Lifecycle Maintenance

We undertake regular maintenance of all our properties in order to keep them in good condition.

Repair Priorities

If the repair is a ‘qualifying repair’ under the ‘Right to Repair’ rules, you may be entitled to compensation if we or our contractor don’t complete the work on time.

Technical Advice

These days, houses contain more advanced equipment than ever before. Control systems for such things as central heating and hot water are more sophisticated than they used to be, offering more options.

What Should You Do If You Discover Mould And Damp?